Prevention is better than cure: don't wait until you're 40 to worry about your wrinkles. From the age of 20-25, you should start taking care of your skin and prevent the appearance of wrinkles.
Discover Skineance's 5 tips to keep your complexion looking fresh, younger and longer!
1. Moisturise your skin
Moisturising in high doses is the first step to fighting the appearance of wrinkles. Remember to moisturise your skin in the morning and evening with products adapted to your skin type. Don't hesitate to use face masks that deeply hydrate your skin. These products will provide the nutrients, vitamins and, above all, the hydration your skin needs to keep its epidermis supple and toned.
2. Remove make-up and cleanse your skin daily
Don't forget to remove your make-up and cleanse your skin every morning and evening.
In the morning, this step allows you to remove the small impurities present on your skin. It will then be ready to receive your serum and your day cream.
In the evening, this step is essential, as it allows your skin to be perfectly cleansed of pollutants encountered during the day and allows your evening cream to act as effectively as possible.
3. Protect your skin from the sun
According to a study, the sun is the cause of 80% of signs of skin ageing.
The right things to do against the sun's rays:
- Apply sun protection even if you stay at home. And don't neglect the eye area.
- Reapply your sun protection every two hours if you are exposed to the sun.
- Do not expose yourself to the sun between 11am and 3pm.
- Expose yourself as little as possible. If you want a tanned complexion, self-tanning products are there for you!
4. Facial massage
Facial massage helps to relax the features and smooth out fine lines.
To tone your face, try facial yoga. Massaging your face is effective, but it is also advisable to do specific exercises:
- Do U and O series to avoid wrinkles around the mouth.
- Do Y and O strokes to firm up the neck.
- Gently tap the eye area from the inner corner of the eye to the temples.
- Use the edge of the hand to apply pressure points from the centre of the face outwards and upwards.
5. Eat well, drink well and sleep well
For younger skin, eat a balanced diet. Of course, 5 fruits and vegetables a day are recommended. Also opt for products rich in antioxidants (green tea, cherries, avocados, tomatoes, etc.) and omega 3 (salmon, tuna, spinach, etc.).
External moisturising with creams is essential for young skin, but internal moisturising is just as important. Drinking at least a litre of water a day will keep your skin fresh and plump all day.
According to one study, skin health and sleep are strongly linked. A good night's sleep gives the skin a better capacity for self-repair and recovery. So take advantage of long nights of sleep to apply your anti-ageing cream.